Wednesday, October 31, 2007

factness

Whom could I talk to who could provide me with information that has factness about this question?Factness: Well I would first have to make a list of all the qualified people whom I could engage in lively conversation. I would assume that a few professors, students, theorist, administrative people would work just fine, but I would like if possible to talk to a politician who signed on the bill cutting ESL funding to get his side of the matter. My first goal would be to read some essays written by people both knowledgeable and passionate about ESL. With my new found knowledge I could ask the right questions to the people who are currently active in either learning or teaching ESL. The students would have valuable factness because they’re the reason ESL exists and the ones effected by the law. Teachers could give me factness on their thoughts on if the program was working, if they’re better now and how this law has impacted their ability to teach. The administrators could give me fact and factness on the economical side of matters. What measures were taken before to give students finical aid, how has it changed and how much does an ESL course at a CCC cost? Also someone that might shed light on how this impacts the bigger picture, maybe even talk to a person who no longer can afford ESL courses and therefore can’t find work…that might be good. A politician could give me the factness on why cutting scholarship funding is a good idea and how he sees it effecting (or not effecting) the migrant community. I would like to round up all of theses factness facts and compile them together and then see who has the most factual factness. There I said it.

No comments: